The Parlour is searching for a Manager to join our staff. The Manager will be responsible for all day-to-day operations of our shop, leading a team of 10-30 people (depending on the season.) The ideal Manager is self-motivated, has a positive attitude, and is focused on working as a team with our Scooper and Kitchen staff. The ideal Manager will also be willing to work regular Scooper shifts if the need arises; if an employee misses work, if the shift is understaffed, or if a shift is particularly busy. The position will consist of approximately 35-45 hours a week or 5 shifts.
- Three years customer service experience, preferably in a foodservice setting.
- Two years experience supervising a team of at least 10 people.
- Flexible availability: must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Able to be on your feet for a full shift; able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Available to work fill-in shifts when needed, sometimes on short notice (this responsibility will alternate with Owners.)
- Able to work up to 40 hours per week; up to 45 in busy season when covering shifts.
- Interview, hire, and train all Scooper staff according to The Parlour’s standards; communicate our disciplinary policies to staff and implement them whenever necessary. Recommend raises and promotions when appropriate.
- Ensure smooth shop operations by scheduling staff in appropriate numbers to accommodate fluctuating volumes. Approve/deny staff swap, drop, and time-off requests.
- Make sure customer-facing areas including dining rooms, serving counter, and restrooms are kept neat and clean by Scooper staff; make sure ice cream prep areas are kept clean and staff are following sanitation guidelines.
- Perform weekly inventory of all non-production related items, and place orders as needed. Promptly schedule repairs to equipment or facilities as needed.
- Communicate with owners regularly to discuss business performance and any important personnel issues.
What we offer:
- Salary starting at $50,000/up to $60,000 (depending on experience)
- Quarterly bonuses (starting after first full calendar quarter)
- Paid time off
- All the ice cream you can eat on shift, plus discounts when not on shift