Kitchen staff candidates should be hardworking and motivated to produce great quality ice cream and pastry. The Parlour is a small company making sweets with the best quality ingredients we can find.
Responsibilities in this position include:
- Producing all pastry from scratch, including but not limited to cakes, cookies, brownies, fruit desserts, single-serve plated desserts such as mousses and pots de creme.
- Working with our production lead to learn ice cream making; producing ice cream if necessary in production lead’s absence.
- Following recipes precisely and with consistency, to maintain the highest levels of quality.
- Communicating relevant information to kitchen team and shop owners in an approachable and appropriate manner.
- Following health, safety, and sanitation guidelines carefully, and treating equipment with the utmost care.
- Keeping kitchen and prep areas clean and organized throughout each shift (We don’t have a full-time dish person!) Cleaning is a team effort here and everyone must do their share.
Qualifications for this position include:
- At least two years of professional pastry experience with references.
- A great attendance record at previous employment.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and ability to measure and portion ingredients precisely.
- Willingness to follow recipes and instructions exactly as written and produce pastry and other goods consistently.
- Self motivated and able to multitask without being distracted.
- A friendly and respectful attitude towards employers, coworkers, and customers.
- A strong interest in desserts and a willingness to taste product you produce – if you are gluten-sensitive, vegan, or have special dietary needs, unfortunately this is not the job for you.
Compensation starts at $12.53 an hour dependent on experience and ability, plus all the ice cream you can eat! Full time kitchen staff are eligible for vacation and sick pay.