We’re updating our job application form. If you don’t see the form below, please check back in a day or two.
Kitchen staff candidates should be hardworking and motivated to produce great quality ice cream and baked goods. The Parlour is a small company making sweets with the best quality ingredients we can find.
Responsibilities in this position include:
- Producing baked goods, ice cream bases, sauces, toppings, and inclusions; producing ice creams, vegan “ice creams”, and sorbets (after thorough training with us, of course!)
- Assembling and packaging wholesale orders, ice cream cakes, and other special-order items.
- Weekly kitchen inventory and ingredients ordering; maintaining email communication with wholesale and special-order customers via our kitchen’s email account.
- Communicating relevant information to scoopers, kitchen team and shop owners in an approachable and appropriate manner.
- Following health, safety, and sanitation guidelines carefully, and treating equipment with the utmost care.
- Keeping kitchen and prep areas clean and organized throughout each shift (We don’t have a full-time dish person!) Cleaning is a team effort here and everyone must do their share.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Some kitchen experience, including baking/sweets.
- A great attendance record at previous employment.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and ability to measure and portion ingredients precisely.
- Willingness to follow recipes and instructions as written and produce baked goods and ice cream consistently.
- Self motivated and able to multitask without being distracted.
- A friendly and respectful attitude towards employers, coworkers, and customers.
- A strong interest in desserts/ice cream and a willingness to taste product you produce – if you are gluten-sensitive, vegan, or have special dietary needs, unfortunately this is not the job for you.
Compensation starts at $15 an hour plus all the ice cream you can eat; paid time off and quarterly bonuses after trial period.