We’re not currently seeking scoopers, but you can apply any time. We keep applications for 60 days after submission.
We need friendly, motivated Scoopers to work in our shop! We appreciate experience, but attitude and attention to detail are more important.
- Greet every customer and offer samples and menu suggestions.
- Answer questions about menu items and ingredients.
- Scoop ice cream, mix shakes, and make sundaes.
- Make specialty coffee drinks and other beverages.
- Follow health, safety, and sanitation guidelines with care.
- Wash some dishes throughout your shift (we don’t have a dish person!)
- Run register; follow our cash handling procedures with care.
- Keep ice creams, pints, and other items stocked throughout your shift, communicating your needs to kitchen staff when necessary.
- Must like ice cream! You must be willing to taste product, learn about ingredients, and be able to give suggestions.
- Must be 16 years old or older; teens must be available for evening and weekend shifts.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays; must be available for at least 3 shifts per week.
- Friendly and outgoing demeanor is a must! We want our customers to enjoy visiting us, and great customer service is very important to us.
- Must be able to stay positive in a high-volume, customer facing position for 5-7 hours.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods and perform physically demanding tasks.
- Must be able to work well with others in a small space.
All employees are hired on a 90 day probationary basis. After 90 days, each Scooper’s effective hourly pay (wages + tips) is guaranteed to meet or exceed the Durham Living Wage Project‘s standard. Paid time off is available to long term employees after 6 months.