We need friendly, motivated Scoopers to work in our shop! We appreciate experience, but attitude and attention to detail are more important.
- Greet every customer and offer samples and menu suggestions.
- Answer questions about menu items and ingredients.
- Scoop ice cream, mix shakes, and make sundaes.
- Make specialty coffee drinks and other beverages.
- Follow health, safety, and sanitation guidelines with care.
- Wash some dishes throughout your shift (we don’t have a dish person!)
- Run register; follow our cash handling procedures with care.
- Keep ice creams, pints, and other items stocked throughout your shift, communicating your needs to kitchen staff when necessary.
- Must like ice cream! You must be willing to taste product, learn about ingredients, and be able to give suggestions.
- Must be 16 years old or older; teens must be available for evening and weekend shifts.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays; must be available for at least 3 shifts per week.
- Friendly and outgoing demeanor is a must! We want our customers to enjoy visiting us, and great customer service is very important to us.
- Must be able to stay positive in a high-volume, customer facing position for 5-7 hours.
- Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods and perform physically demanding tasks.
- Must be able to work well with others in a small space.
All employees are hired on a 90 day probationary basis. After 90 days, each Scooper’s effective hourly pay (wages + tips) is guaranteed to meet or exceed the Durham Living Wage Project‘s standard. Paid time off is available to long term employees after 6 months.